Youth Leading the World (YLTW) Facilitator Training gives people solution-focused tools to tackle wicked challenges, generate a vision and action plans. Topics covered include global sustainability challenges, eco-footprint, participatory leadership, strategic questioning and deep listening, visioning, vibrant goals and action planning.
OzGREEN's Facilitator Training will
- empower you to create change in your own community and learn how to help others to do the same.
- provide you with the skills to run a Youth Leading the World congress in your school or community and spread the knowledge and skills to a wider audience.
- present opportunities to you to meet and connect with other young people who are passionate about making a positive impact on the environment and their communities.
While an important outcome of facilitator training is to enable people to become part of the YLTW team and run their own congresses, it is also so much more than this.
Facilitator training contributes greatly to personal development, with the potential to provide anyone who participates with a life changing outlook for identifying and tackling their own pressing concerns and goals, connecting with like-minded people and then moving towards real change and action.
Program is based on OzGREEN's sustainability in action process and includes:
- Wake up call - understanding your eco-footprint and up-to-date science on the state of the planet.
- Digging deeper - strategic questioning and deep listening
- Daydreaming with purpose - creative visioning for a fair and sustainable future.
- Bold Brainstoriming - throwing away SMART goals and reaching for VIBRANT goals
- Serious fun - playing games with meaning
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
OzGREEN's sustainability in action process has also demonstrated significant success as a motivational team building exercise among participants from the same organisation. Skills you learn include:
- Presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Leadership skills
- Public speaking skills
- Communication and digital media skills
- Skills to engage and inspire other young people
DELIVERY METHODS AVAILABLE TO YOU
You can contact OzGREEN or keep an eye on our Events section to find a YLTW Training Program you can attend. Alternatively Online participation is also available for interstate and international participants and allows connection between people from all over Australia and around the world, which provide the opportunity to hear an incredibly diverse range of concerns, goals and action plans
“For me as a YLTW facilitator it's knowing I've changed people … that's pretty big. It's been life-changing, eye opening and changed the way I look at everything.” - Chris Rowlands, Swan Hill, Victoria