Disaster resilient communities are those that work together to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
Resilient Communities uses OzGREEN’s award winning community engagement process to empower people to take personal and collective action to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from future disasters such as drought, bushfire, heatwave, flood, storm, community infrastructure damage and health emergencies. We understand that residents are best placed to develop innovative solutions that build disaster resilience, so we train local people to deliver our highly participatory program which covers topics such as climate change, food, water, energy, infrastructure, economic, ecosystem and health resilience.
Throughout our program participants:
- Identify their local risks and threats
- Voice their personal and community concerns
- Create a disaster resilient vision for their home and for their community
- Brainstorm personal and community solutions that will assist disaster prevention, preparedness, response and recovery
- Implement personal and community actions that build disaster resilience
Our seven program workshops cover the following topics:
- climate change;
- ecosystem; and
- health resilience.
Contact : Kathleen, Resilient Communities Project Coordinator | [email protected] | (02) 5615 8108