Run and Facilitate a Resilient Communities Program
Resilient Communities is a community driven program and designed for localities that:
- are concerned about the increase in extreme weather events
- can become isolated during natural disasters
- would like to to build disaster resilience
- want to participate in a program based on community driven solutions
Resilient Communities uses OzGREEN’s award winning community action planning process to empower communities to implement plans that build community resilience. OzGREEN targets communities that are in hazard risk areas and are especially prone to becoming isolated during a natural disaster such as a flood or bushfire.
Resilient Communities adopts a community driven approach. Local facilitators are trained to deliver the program using OzGREEN’s award winning community action planning process that empowers communities to implement projects that build community resilience.
Resilient Communities involves seven community workshops over seven months which aim to inform, educate and empower the community to develop solutions that address threats to community resilience, such as:
- climate change;
- ecosystem; and
- health resilience.
Some of the climate change risks that are addressed through the program include bush fire, flood, storm, east coast low, heatwave, earthquake, landslides, drought and protection of community infrastructure.
- Work with local people to understand natural disaster risks including those associated with flood, storm, drought, bushfire, health emergencies, damage to local community infrastructure, road access, community aid, and climate change.
- Partner with local people and local groups who can lead change
- Empower individuals and communities to exercise choice, take responsibility and develop action plans.
- Build community capacity for disaster resilience
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Register your Interest to become a Resilient Communities Facilitator by contacting Kathleen, Resilient Communities Project Coordinator, on [email protected] or (02) 5615 8108.