Disaster resilient communities are those that work together to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
Throughout our program participants:
- Identify their local risks and threats
- Voice their personal and community concerns
- Create a disaster resilient vision for their home and for their community
- Brainstorm personal and community solutions that will assist disaster prevention, preparedness, response and recovery
- Implement personal and community actions that build disaster resilience
Our seven program workshops cover the following topics:
- climate change;
- ecosystem; and
- health resilience.
Resilient Communities is based on OzGREEN's Living Communities program.
Living Communities began in 2000 as a community education initiative of OzGREEN and Warringah Council to address stormwater pollution. Since then, OzGREEN has worked in partnership with organisations such as Sun Microsystems, AMP, AGSM, Allco, Dimension Data; Hurstville, Canterbury, Bankstown, Wollondilly Shire and Onkaparinga Councils; and trained over 200 community facilitators.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathleen, Resilient Communities Project Coordinator, on [email protected] or (02) 5615 8108.